Welcome to Multimedia Journalism! In this course, students will be introduced to topics related to multimedia journalism. Topics covered will include the online media profession, blogging, social media, and multimedia design. Students will work with photographic, video and interactive graphic presentations using Wordpress, Photoshop, Flash and Final Cut Pro. Class participants will both critique and create online materials.
- Students will understand the unique characteristics of online journalism and how interactive media is changing the journalism profession.
- Students will understand how to produce stories that combine media elements including, text, images, audio, video and interactive graphics.
- Students will gain a basic understanding of Web design concepts.
- Students will create stories to be published online.
- Students will create multimedia reporting packages utilizing current software programs.
This site will provide all the information you need for this course. Please check it frequently for announcements on the home page or for changes in the Course Outline.